From:
Anne Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:23:00 -0400
Janet,

> The photo you attached does not look like chalkbrood. [...]
> The larvae look more sacbrood-like,

Someone else mentioned that to me in private e-mail.  I know that
there's chalkbrood because I've cleaned mummies off the floor,
and I've found a few hard white "rocks" in cells in the brood nest.
I'm sad to think that there may be sacbrood as well - that suggests poor
management on my part, and yet I certainly monitor and treat for mites.

I do get the impression from my reading that both diseases are
endemic, but manifest only in weak colonies.

Thank you for your insights (and Peter too).

Anne, backyard beekeeper, Montreal.