From:
medhat nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:22:23 +0000
Randy: I am analyzing data collected last summer. What I am finding I can get 0-1 mites 3 days after oxalic acid. If there is brood in the hive and emerging this is a problem.  once I place the sticky boards in screen bottom board, I collect more  mites. This is the first time I noticed this kind of situation in the fall when some treat early with oxalic and. They think that they got most mites. However if there is a lot of capped brood then the bees emerges with their own mites. This will change the mite level in the wash again.
I am just starting to to have different way of thinking about oxalic, brood, washing bees and sticky boards. In the fall. I will need to follow up to have better understanding of mite dynamics under this type of treatments and monitoring mites in fall.
By the way of you know brood is ceased I know my washing bee samples are excellent indicator for mites in the hive going to the winter.
Medhat