Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 19:34:21 -0400
> The boxes hold 11 frames but that leaves a space where we can put a dummy board.

I remember years ago, Aaron was extolling the virtues of dummy boards (also called "follower boards"). Do you still use those, Aaron? I agree they are a good idea but I am adverse to anything other than a very basic hive. I even used California lids for a while but they don't last very long in this climate.  I have a few queen excluders for special circumstances, one bee escape board for show & tell. I guess you can still buy follower boards, though these commercial ones seem chunky to me. I though they were usually made about 3/8" thick, not 3/4"

https://www.betterbee.com/frames/fbd.asp

https://www.mannlakeltd.com/9-5-8-follower-board

https://www.kelleybees.com/nine-inch-follower-board.html