From:
irwin harlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:21:11 -0500
A old beekeeping friend once told me he thought that him and  his crews were in the hives too often, to the point it probably did more harm than good.  I thought about that statement and somewhat agreed , reminded of the bee  yards that I had forgotten about  over the years , the ones that didn’t get honey pulled till the very end ,when the list was finally  looked at , they were usually plugged out.  Sometimes other early spring yards were missed on checkouts due to weather , or inadequate access, and quite often they seemed better than the  yards checked regularly. This never became a regular habit but when it happened  and both us and the bees benefitted, we called it leave alone beekeeping is best, but it wasn’t always so.

I believe I met Peter B  many decades ago  at a  AFB meeting in  Detroit, but failed to introduce myself

Irwin harlton
https://www.facebook.com/The-Honey-House-Souris-Manitoba-166244863421587