From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 07:49:32 -0500
Aaron,  A loooong time ago, I was an undergraduate intern at Dyce Lab at
Cornell under Dr. Roger Morse.  Dr. Morse was a beekeeping 'force of
nature' and in addition to his scientific accomplishments he was a pretty
good practical beekeeper.  We were assembling frames one day in the back of
the lab - wax foundation with wedge top frames that required the wedge to
be nailed in.  Using a tack hammer seemed logical, but one slip and bam!
Broken foundation.  Dr. Morse showed me how to take a pair of common
pliers, slip them over to the wide open position, place the small nail on
the wedge, and then use the pliers to squeeze the nail in, the pliers using
the top of the frame as a base to operate as a fulcrum.  No more broken
foundation, fewer mashed fingers, and actually much faster than a hammer.
Not as fast as an air nailer, but simple, quiet, and, if I must say so,
elegant.

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC