From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:23:40 -0400
Just starting to work on the second phase of my honey study.

I am currently looking at studies focused on sugar types/ and other compounds in honey and where they come from (plants, synthesized by bees or honeydew insects, under misc climatic conditions). I was reading up melezitose again and this study from New Zealand popped up. It shows a frame of crystallized honey. It also mentioned the relationship between high Malic acid and willow honeydew honey which lines up perfectly with one of my honey types.

I have never had crystallized honey in my frames before (12 years). I am also noticing the same in some of my gut sampling (different cubic and rectangular crystals. If people are willing to share pictures of frames it would be interesting to see if the if the crystallization looks the same (observationally) for the various nectar sources. Has anyone seen sugar syrup "honey" crystallize in the frames?

Referenced Paper:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/312872267_Potential_impacts_of_Tuberolachnus_salignus_giant_willow_aphid_in_New_Zealand_and_options_for_control_Impacts_of_giant_willow_aphid_in_NZ