From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:59:04 -0400
>. Even in the United States, where most of the hand wringing goes on, the numbers held from 2,640,000 in 2013 to 2,706,000 in 2020 (basically flat).

This is certainly true. Also true is that the successful beekeeper's skill level has had to evolve greatly. We are faced with challenges that did not exist 30 years ago, varroa, nosema cerana, others that we have yet to understand. But by the same token we are not so much concerned by some that did, T-mite AFB ,CCD, and others.

So now as always the key to success is to stay informed, duplicate the practices of those that are successful and keep your guard up. No one can depend on traditional knowledge alone, all must be willing to learn and adapt. There is no better place to do that then on BEE-L.

Paul