From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:37:01 -0500
>No beekeeper is going to abandon vaporization unless the alternative application method is a better control AND faster to deploy.

>Just a reminder that this is an international list and the laws of the USA and/or New York State do not apply outside those regions.

I have a very small butt. Never weighed more than 140# soaking wet. Takes very little to cover it. I have a friend that looks a lot like me but I'm not exactly sure what country he lives in since we only communicate by looking in the mirror. He reports trials conducted this last summer of 50/50 wt. to wt. OA Glycerin on "Swedish" sponges. N 16, in on June 10, out on Oct 15. 300 bee test pre application all 0-3 mites.  300 bee count post removal 3 with 1 mite 1 with 2 and 14 with 0. Counts of yard mates that were not so treated had  the depressingly high counts usual for late Aug. of 9 (3%) to 65 (21%). He reports of having to resort to formic to get them under control.

Paul