Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:34:12 -0400
> Dear friends,
> Elaine Akst, from our community here, has suggested a great way to help
> health care workers. She knows that many beekeepers have n95 masks on hand
> for applying oxalic acid to colonies.

https://www.massnurses.org/health-and-safety/articles/chemical-exposures/p/openItem/1318
from the link -There is a common misunderstanding in health care that the
N95 respirator can protect workers from gases and vapors. This is
completely false. The N95 offers no protection from exposure to any
chemical odors, gases or vapors that one would typically experience in a
hospital or health care setting.

Any beekeeper who uses a N95 mask for OA vapor is in for a disagreeable
treat. The people who should be asked are woodworkers and others who use
them for particulates. Only recently has the gov allowed the woodworker
n95s to be used medically. So if you have them still in the unopened box,
my guess is they might be accepted, otherwise use them yourself.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine