Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2019 16:37:42 -0400
Hey Pete, I feel your pain, I have a single yard in which 2/3s of the hives
have crashed in spite of 3 well timed OAV treatments and a formic flash
treatment earlier- I suspect mite bombs as it is near some other small
beekeepers.

I had one of my best years ever in the piedmont and mountains of NC and am
not sure why.  I had not had a 'good' year in 12-15 years but the bees
plugged out this year.  Need I say I was discouraged too?  So what was
different I ask?  Second year of OAV and 100% winter survival.  Also,
record high rainfall last year.  Those are the 2 variables.  One of the
seminal points I have learned from Randy is big colonies with big honey
yields will have big mite problems - so I have been trying to treat
properly and have used OAV and formic flash treatments.

What is different about your situation this year?  It is the variables that
are intriguing.  I would also add that it is best to alternate mite
treatments even if what you are using has been working.  Classic IPM.  Keep
the faith!

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC