From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 19:04:48 +0000
I did a quick check.  Both ABBYY Finereader and Photomath are available for Windows, Android, and i0S devices.  Photomath appears to be free for all formats.  ABBYY Finereader has a Free version and two Advanced, A.I.-powered apps, which are higher rated, but also entail a license fee.  The most cost-effective option is to buy the pair in a bundle.
ABBYY Finereader has been around since the days of Word Perfect, steadily improving.   That's much like Dragon Speaking Naturally, now Nuance, that pioneered speech recognition.  For both products  - what they had years ago is nothing like what's available in their newest versions.  Comparing the 2019-2020 versions of these software programs to when they started is like comparing a modern car to a Model T Ford.

Photomath appears to be a far more recent product.  Its A.I. takes up some serious storage space, which isn't surprising, given what it does.
As of this morning, I've got the ABBYY Finereader pair of A.I. apps on my 9 7/8" iPad, and I've got Photomath on my iPad, Android phone, and Windows devices.
Thanks James
I hadn't kept up with ABBYY and I didn't know about Photomath.

Jerry B.