From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:52:26 -0800

> >Randy, I wonder how many farmers could survive with 30-35% losses?

Those who plant extra seeds, and then thin out a third if they all sprout,
do.

> >Since the numbers of colonies appears to be increasing in every
> country, exactly what do you mean by the phrase?

The number of managed hives in most every country has been on steady
increase.
As others have noted in this thread, there are plenty of beekeepers who
have extra colonies to sell each spring.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA