From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2019 12:17:00 +1100
> Geoff Manning said,
> <Tea tree oil comes from the Genus Melaleuca, Manuka from the genus
> Leptospermum.>
> Thanks for correcting me, Geoff, my bad. But I still stand by my point.
> As others subsequently pointed out, all honey has these properties,

Even here there is a great variation between species. Manuka may also have
an extra chemical.  Each batch needs to be tested.  Its main benefit would
appear to be its effectiveness against antibiotic resistant bacteria.

> and there's a difference between topical and ingested effects.

Yep.  Ingested may even be detrimental, after all it has antibiotic
properties.

>  I haven't done any checking for research papers yet, but I'd be surprised
if Manuka has a significantly greater effect, to justify the price.

That really becomes a personal value judgement.

>  My personal honey favorite from down under is Leatherwood, from
> Tasmania.

Shows you have a very sophisticated taste.

Geoff Manning