Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2021 22:18:35 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
>>If you don’t sell anything, but instead plant food for your own consumption, which is the thrust of the Maine law, there is no revenue event to trigger liability for damages.  

As much as I agree with your argument, I would have to advise you not to bet on your argument...because you would lose in the US courts.  They are THAT corrupt.  One only needs to look at the idiotic US Supreme Court decision in Wickard vs Filburn.

A guy grew wheat to feed to his own livestock.  There was no sale to anyone, much less to someone in another state.  And the Supreme Court ruled that by growing his own wheat, it affected interstate commerce because he would have otherwise had to buy that feed on the open market.  It exerted an economic effect on interstate commerce.  Even though his individual actions would not affect the market because his impact was so small, if thousands of others did the same thing, it would affect the markets, so thus his individual actions were substantially affecting interstate commerce. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

I've heard it said that the one thing you can do which most impacts the price of honey, is not producing any.  Small, non-economic activity, can have far-reaching economic impacts.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2