From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 09:38:19 -0700
> My question is, whatever became of electronic hive monitoring?

You may have noticed that Bee Hero just got given $19M to develop their
product.
And Beewise is offering robotic hive management.  (Disclosure -- I've
met/collaborated with the developers of both products).
Jerry Bromenshenk's conferences on electronic monitoring are available for
view.

The relevant question is, does the electronic monitoring of every hive
result in greater profitability for the beekeeper?
Bee Hero's videos show that growers will make more money, as will
beekeepers.  That would be win-win.  But until we see hard supportive data,
it's just a marketing claim.

How about feedback from the List: do those of you who have electronic
monitors on your hives find that they make your beekeeping more profitable
(after subtracting the cost of the monitors)?

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
530 277 4450
ScientificBeekeeping.com