From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 19:11:29 -0400
> Anyone who has children simply cannot propose this as a solution, as what one is saying is that OTHER people need to "control their population", and this smacks of genocide.

>> I do not think that make sense.  If each couple had 2 children the population would reduce due to diseases, accidents etc.

I'm sorry I misunderstood then.  I read "if there were less of us" to mean "a reduction", i.e. "less" of us.

What "2 children" would do is stabilize the population at close to current levels, assuming that we improve the conditions where diseases and bad infant mortality are so bad.  But stabilizing at or near our current numbers would not be significantly "less of us".

Now, there are other drawbacks - when India and China tried this, they ended up with 6.2 million more boys than girls for India and 5.9 million more for China as of 2018, as cultural influence favored male children.  That's not a good thing, as too many young males without females tend to end up in wars, revolution, bar fights, and other forms of violence.  So, any scheme of rules will always be "hacked" for the agenda of those who one hopes to control.

To compare to beekeeping, New York state now has mandatory hive registration, but the roofs upon which I keep bees are owned by some of the most privacy-obsessed people on the planet.  So, I am instructed to not register, with an assurance that they will pay any fines, legal fees etc, because they do not want another "city inspector" poking about their buildings.

Another City beekeeper had registered, and had a visit from such an inspector, and his housekeeper, being alone in the house, took the inspector to the back garden, and said, "No Bees Here Anymore" in her best "I don't speaka da English" accent.  The inspector went away.  The hives had been moved to the roof, so the statement was strictly true, only the phony accent was misleading.  The housekeeper came from a country where government employees always had to be bribed, so her tactic was understandable loyalty to her employer.

So, when you make something mandatory, you prompt some people to defy you, for a wide range of reasons.