From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 09:31:53 -0400
Hanna’s article points to a central theme of our times in terms of how the media deals with the issue of food security. While it’s true that the ever increasing world population and the accompanying demand for some pollinator dependent foods are at odds, it’s not impossible to imagine that pollinators and crop management can find a balance and coexist. Although some may disagree, almonds stand as an example of a pollinator dependent crop that seems to coexist with bees as demand increases.

Anyway, I’ve always thought that the emphasis on a pollinator issue resulting in world food shortages is missing the obvious looming threat that it will likely be a water shortage that empties the selves first.