From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:08:10 -0400
Hi Pete;

Not exactly 'north' but North Carolina.  Always an early flow here in the
central part of the state.  I split all my strong hives in late April to
avoid swarming and figured on a bust of a honey year.  One of the wettest
winters and the driest spring on record at Raleigh/Durham airport.  Just
finished extracting and my bees made a huge crop.  Go figure.  I figure it
was latent moisture in the ground (Joe Graham always reported on ground
moisture in ABJ.....) and no rain during the flow.  This is what makes
beekeeping fun.  Stack on the supers and stand back!  Bees are amazing
creatures.

cheers!
Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC