Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 19:00:12 -0400
> Obviously this is just another area where the vast chasms between the perspectives of various beekeepers becomes apparent.

I worked for a major queen breeder in California in 1982. He had something like 40-50 cell builders which we were into every day, sometimes several times a day. These bees were not defensive, and seemed to go about their business as if we weren't there. The idea that somehow they were negatively affected is disproved by the fact that they were putting out thousands of queen cells per day, with nary a hitch.

When I demonstrate installing packages there is always someone who objects to the bees being shaken out of the package. I point out that the bees were shaken into the packages, being shaken out is probably a big relief for them. I have seen the videos of brood frames running on conveyors and felt disgusted by that sort of treatment, so everybody has their limit. But you can't swim without getting wet

PLB