From:
Kevin McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2021 06:23:47 -0500
We've all observed bees going for H20 with reckless abandon after
breaking cluster from a long winter on those early spring days.
I've recently asked myself the question whether or not hives can perish
during the winter from dehydration rather than starvation during the
winter? By winter I'm referring to those long low humidity months filled
with below freezing temps in Northern States/Canada, not the brief
periods of cool weather they enjoy in the Southern states, but still
call winter.
My results of humidity readings within the hive this past winter were
shockingly lower than expected, running very close to those those of the
outside humidity.
Has there been any studies or observation on this or is this not
actually a thing?

--
Kevin from Wisconsin and staying here