From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2021 17:14:17 -0500
One last (I hope) word.  Some people just won't give up, BTW.  Enough is enough.   We're cutting off arguing.

On to the future...

Someone mentioned Roberts Rules and that ideal had occurred to me before.  Roberts Rules is designed to allow a lot of people with very different ideas to manage to have a meeting where everyone is heard and without any one individual dominatingly the proceedings.

I don't see how we could use them here but one idea that is central to RR is that each person has a designated time to speak and when and if that person gets to speak again.   There are options for interruptions for specific purposes and even an option to agree to waive the rules!

Should we limit the posts by any one person to X per day?

One writer suggested that we could allow some individuals to post unmoderated.  We have tried that and it turned out to be worse than no moderation at the time.   Presently, the moderators are the only ones with that privilege but at one time even the moderators were moderated by the other moderators.  That caused a riot.

It has also been suggested that LISTSERV is an antique.  That may be so, but I have not found any other software that combines email with forum or functions as well for email.

Even if we have not figured yet how to configure the forum to be like other forums, it is a great asset and worth everyone's time.

https://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A0=BEE-L&X=O76499F87C529476ED2

And don't forget to go mining for gold here...

https://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?REPORT=BEE-L&z=4&L=BEE-L&1=BEE-L&X=O2A843EBEDBDAC40E20