From:
B Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2021 11:09:41 -0500
>Looking for trouble— that is to say: inadequate explanation or errors in methods or data collection— that is my job.

No, that is not to say such, and no, it is not your job to jump to conclusions.  It shouldn't be anyone's job, especially not in an "informed" discussion.

Looking for trouble would likely be better defined in this instance as making invalid assumptions, trying to say someone said something they did not say, jumping to conclusions and then trying to make an argument based upon the invalid assumptions.

Garbage in, garbage out.

When people on the list do such things, it's hard for readers to take them seriously.  Say what you mean, and mean what you say.  And then when someone says something, accept it at face value.  Don't try to interpret something to mean anything other than what was said.

Not that difficult.

Common sense ain't common anymore.