Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 2021 01:06:21 +0000

 >Is there a sustainable form of non-migratory beekeeping without almond

I should have asked why?  why do we need sustainable without almonds?  its a dang good food source early in the season,  and a dang good paycheck.
I disagree with many here,  There is good money to be made in bees,  on both the hobby side which shows sign of slowing,  and the commercial side.  The trick is,  its an awful lot of work.  Its one of the hardest jobs I have tackled

 >>More large operations may find that they have a surplus of bees rather then a shortage. We already do have a surplus of bees,  selling Nucs and packages are the one of the ways we get rid of surplus.  Just this season bulk bee prices and hives are down about 15% from last year.

>>How many more acres of almonds can we plant?
 Almonds have reached a probable high point due to water and  low market price  since the Aussies jumped in.  Although as labor cost in CA keep going up, the acreage may go up a bit more.
Charles