Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2021 15:59:59 +0000

:

 > I had previously checked on how much of my
> tax dollars had been going to beekeepers who
> were better at filling out paperwork than
> managing their bees...

This is part of the real issue  "filling out paperwork"     Here we are on Bee-l with some of the best in the business,  trying like hell to define what CCD  actually is,  and Even with Professor B.  great explanation,  there is no "real definition" of what it is.,
Fast forward to the ELAP  program,  the standard for payment is to show you have CCD.  so a beekeeper has to prove to his local agronomy office (non beekeepers) that they did all the best practices,  usually documenting at least locations feed and medications,  and then hoping the local will bless it as CCD,  which as we have debated as hard to define or prove.
The standard to get paid in ELAP is to prove an imaginary definition to a administrator who knows nothing about bees. (Not saying CCD is imaginary,  just the definition)
I know MANY who were turned down, and a few who know how to grease the wheels.  Keep in mind its a limited pot,   so fewer recipients means more dollars per hive.
Very scammy system.
Charles