From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:20:49 -0700
> with verifiable evidence or rational logic.

I was already thinking about this in relation to this thread before Jerry
mentioned it,

Rational logic by itself is the cause of more misunderstanding that most
anything other than emotion or bias.  Beekeeping popular literature is full
of examples.

Logic is a powerful tool, but is dependent on good and complete inputs.
Sadly these are often lacking either by ignorance, neglect, or by
preference.

Too many times we find that hypothetical inputs are carried to an end which
is accepted as truth due to solid logic when the inputs were flawed.

GIGO.

Too often we group around a speaker after a presentation and run our pet
theory by the expert.  The expert follows our logic.  If this and if that
and if another thing, then this.  The expert agrees that if, if, if and if,
then and we go away convinced our ideas were confirmed but they were not.