From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2020 16:10:38 -0500
Here is a slide from my presentation moisture (just made it today) to show folks what condensation looks like and what the triggers are.

That's why understanding what your diurnal is, typical RH% over winter and making sure you have plenty of extra honey stores upper and lower boxes is important. Regardless of location my recommendation is to have extra top insulation just to protect the top of the cluster.

What is too much ventilation? How is that defined for you? Does anyone use screened boards (open) with a top entrances in winter in non-insulated hives (not recommended in my humble opinion)?