From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 11:39:45 -0500
> This article was published for a "general audience"
> The full paper is quoted in the article and can be freely
> accessed under https://rdcu.be/ca7xK It has data,
> good explanation of the methods used and I find it to
> not be "obscure" but rather high quality scientifically and statistically sound.

Ah, good catch!

So the FORTH reference in the citation list is the paper upon which are article is "based", and one sees that by matching the names of the authors of the article with the cited paper...

It might have been helpful to mention this detail with more than "(Oleksa et al., 2013)", but to each his own.  One normally sees a more prominent reference if there is a specific work being highlighted.

Regardless, I don't know that one can compare anything else with a forest where 23.6% of the trees are "hollow".

		Dziękuję!