From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 08:10:55 -0800
If you want to read the actual tree survey study, just Google "Rural
avenues as a refuge for feral honey bee population ."
I agree with the authors that they may have underestimated the number of
bee-occupied trees, since to survey 15,000 trees with a 1-minute
observation for bee flight would take 250 man hours.
I'm also surprised the the 24% proportion of trees deemed as "hollow."
 That is a far higher proportion than what I'm used to seeing.

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
530 277 4450
ScientificBeekeeping.com