From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2020 19:29:16 +0000
What you are interested in is the allowable daily intake (ADI) of these contaminates.  You can easy enough find the ADI for most contaminants with a normal internet search.  Take lead as an example.  For adults the ADI from all sources is 114 micrograms/day. for adults and 50 micrograms/day for kids.  If I assume the normal serving size per day for honey is one ounce (which seems pretty high to me) that means your honey would expose the consumer to about 10 micrograms of lead per day which is well within the limits
set by the government for kids.

That makes the honey sound legally safe.  But it also assumes you  mixed the honey very well before sampling it and took a uniform sample which may or may not be true.  That ADI also assumes some consumer eats that much every single day for his life.  So, on the surface the honey sounds like it is safe.  The bigger question is would I eat it personally?  I would not eat it.  Nor would I suggest anyone else should eat it.  While the risk seems small why take any risk when there is no particular reason to take the risk?

Dick