From:
Scott Irving <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 16:31:45 -0400
"Last year I posted on OAV a couple of times, and read through all the
comments on BEE-L - trying my best to figure out how exactly OAV was
harmless to honey bees...."

I used to treat my children with water for dirt. They were quite unhappy
about the showers, just like bees and OAV. But I understood that water
wasn't harmful to them in shower quantities.

OA is a naturally occurring molecule (and why I love rhubarb) that
crystallizes almost immediately after leaving the vaporizer. The crystals
are stopped by the hairs on the bees. Observational data shows it doesn't
harm bees, although observation shows very unpleasant effects on humans.
Knowing that our respiration and that of bees is very different, why is
that confusing?

I do observe an occasional dead bee, but one that appears to have crawled
into the vaporizer as it heated up. I'm pretty sure its problem wasn't the
OA, but the heat.