From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2020 18:10:58 -0400

> In North Carolina, the Commissioner of Agriculture, working with the NC
> State Beekeepers Association, has provided beekeepers with a document,
> signed by the Commissioner, explaining that beekeeping falls under
> "essential functions."

We received a letter from the Secretary of Commerce stating a business was
an "Essential Business." An employee was pulled over by a local police
officer and questioned about where he was going. When he showed the officer
the letter, he didn't care, said it counted for nothing, and told the
individual he received a warning and if he saw him again he was going to
fine him $5,000.

I don't think he actually can do it, and if charged I think the DA would
drop the charge, but it doesn't mean you won't be put through the hassle of
some overzealous officer.