From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:54:57 -0700

> >I would pay close attention to the attitudes of these various people, and
> ask yourself: which of them am I most like?

The director of the film More than Honey, Marcus Imhoof, stayed at my home
as a guest for a month the year prior to filming.  I explained to him all
about beekeeping, and introduced him to some of the players in our industry.

In turn, when he came back to film the next year (asking me to help with
the scene in which a bee gets sprayed in almonds), he threw us all under
the bus.
He insulted some very caring and good beekeepers by taking words out of
context, and focusing in on scenes that might disturb people.

As far as the almond fungicide spraying scene, after I left, they
substituted a can of bug spray for the water that we had been using in a
spray bottle, in order to kill a poor bee on film.  This does not happen in
the almonds, but the film convinced people all over the world that bees get
sprayed with lethal insecticides while in almonds. It just goes to show
that for some directors, it pays to twist reality to make it sell to an
audience.  I feel had.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA