From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 15:45:20 -0400
> "Another proven method to fumigate
> combs is with concentrated acetic..
> This is a time-honored practice that is
> mentioned in all the bee books, yet
> surprisingly, is illegal! No one has
> registered acetic acid as a pesticide
> for nosema.

Utterly irrelevant to the business at hand.

Not  only is acetic acid "Generally Recognized As Safe" when added directly
to food, my position has always been that I will treat and preserve my
woodenware precisely as I please, and if a few poor nosema spores get in the
way, well, that's just collateral damage, and all we can do is learn to live
with it.

Phrasing, people. It's all about the phrasing.