From:
"Janet L. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 11:30:12 -0400
My friend Tim has a lovely pond and stream system that the bees love. The stream goes over a small slate waterfall (which is where the hummingbirds like to bathe...magical) and ends in a big pond. The margins of the pond are shallow and lined with smallish rocks. The water seeps amongst the rocks along the shore and the bees land on the rocks and sip from the water, or sip from the damp earth at the pond margins.

There is also a lot of water hyacinth in the pond and they will land on the leaves and sip from the water as well.

In my non-waterway-served apiary I place a big chick waterer with the saucer filled with cut up sponges.