Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2021 16:41:34 -0500
From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>

> >Is your label different, or are you reading it differently than I am?
> from your link
> "Use only in late fall or early spring when little or no brood is present.
> Oxalic Acid Dihydrate might damage bee brood. Oxalic Acid Dihydrate will
> not control Varroa mites in capped brood"

Page 1, I gotcha. I was focusing on Page 2's instructions. Gotta read that
whole label, lol.

I'm not sure it clearly indicates that it's a violation of the label to
treat when you have *some *brood on, or during the summer though. "Late
fall or early spring" are not definitive statements. And the rest of the
label makes it clear you can treat on packages and swarms, or 30 days after
a formic acid treatment. When do you get swarms in Michigan? June? That
appears to be mid summer to me. When do most treat with formic acid,
according to it's label, in April or May? Thirty days later would be June,
still mid summer to me.

But it's not like this is the first federal pesticide label that is open to
some level of interpretation.