Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2021 15:09:55 -0500
From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>

> While they do make the claim they are following the label, treating with
> brood on during the summer is not following the label in the least.
>
> Maybe you have a different label than I do. This is the one I see:

https://pcbeekeepers.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/OxalicAcid.pdf

The only instructions for vaporization I see are "to treat broodless
colonies" and:
VAPORIZER METHOD: Apply only to outdoor colonies with a restricted lower
hive entrance. Seal all upper hive entrances and cracks with tape to avoid
escape of Oxalic Acid vapor. Smoke bees up from the bottom board, Place 2.0
g Oxalic Acid Dihydrate powder into vaporizer. *Follow the vaporizer
manufacturer’s directions for use.* Insert the vaporizer apparatus through
the bottom entrance. Apply heat until all Oxalic Acid has sublimated.
(emphasis mine).

A good example of a popular vaporizer's instructions can be found here
https://www.mannlakeltd.com/mm5/graphics/pdfs/DC909-ProVap-110-Manual.pdf.
There is no restriction that it can't be used in the summer.

So, as long as the colony is broodless, treating is in accordance with the
label. Whether that's in winter, spring, summer or fall. Unless a
manufacturer's directions for use dictate otherwise, which I don't see how
it does.

Is your label different, or are you reading it differently than I am?