Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2020 05:53:08 -0700
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
There was a lot of hoopla when people were using sugar dusting for mite
control.
They were afraid that the tiny bit of starch might harm the bees, since
someone had said that bees couldn't digest starch.
It is blanket statements that get spun into myths in the beekeeping
community.

Please don't take this as a recommendation to use sugar dusting for mite
management.
It can work (I have a friend that still uses it successfully), but it takes
diligent effort, and a dry climate.  I cannot recommend it.
On the other hand, for DETECTION of varroa (such as in Australia) it could
be used with great effect.  It would be far better than performing sugar
shakes (as recommended by some in Australia), since it could detect an
incursion far sooner than would a sugar shake.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA