Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 22:52:09 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Greg Butler <[log in to unmask]>
No thanks.  This is another solution in search of a problem.   Another wanna-be tool that can be categorized under "let's make this tool because we can" rather than "what tool do we need for this job?"  What is their motivation?  Is their motivation to help the bees or the beekeepers (read subscription $$) ?  We have all the tools we need right now and we've had them for quite a while actually.

So here's what you get:  continuous  periodic software upgrades with hardware that has a physically limited lifetime, specialized components such as proprietary power supplies, processor modules, input/output boards, cabling and connectors that age and develop open circuits, communication modules that require continuous security patches, passwords, password management procedures, training for operation and maintenance, startup and test, and on going periodic maintenance.  And don't forget that recommended spare parts inventory they will be happy to sell you.  I wonder how that processor module and power supply does in a lightning storm?  Do you really want a warranty issue to pop up and shut things down when Murphy comes around?

All this to replace a wooden box?  Why?  Why would we need this in addition to everything else?  And I'm betting there is probably a "subscription" to something or other in here somewhere too.   I can't imagine who they will sell this to.  (Well.. I can, but ...  good luck)