Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2019 23:19:23 +0000
From:
Marcin Matelski <[log in to unmask]>
My experience with Hive Alive is mixed.Few years back I've tried it at my workplace on 6 out of 12 hives. Bees were sampled for Nosema counts before and after Hive Alive was fed, and also in spring, about 5 months after last Hive Alive administration. All 12 hives survived the winter but out of the 6 Hive Alive hives, 3 samples had nosema. I've tried it again the following year and didn't have nosema issues that year. But I couldn't tell/see a difference in performance between the treated vs non treated hives.
MarcinChicago

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 5:07 PM -0600, "Metro Propolis" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

An interesting case is "Hive Alive", which purports to be a Seaweed-based probiotic for fighting the Nosemas.

Looking under the hood, it also contains Thymol - Likely the actual source of any efficacy.

There's a page of links to studies on Hivealive, which I haven't bothered to read.

Here it is for the curious and patient:
https://www.hivealivebees.com/learn-more/science-behind-hivealive