Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 23:54:18 +0000
From:
Randy wrote:
"We don't have an insurance program to reimburse us for burning infected
hives here in the U.S., and hard for me to think that we ever will."
Then start one!  Here in the UK we have our Bee Disease Insurance ( BDI) started by the BBKA about 70 years ago when burning colonies and equipment with foulbrood, AFB and EFB became compulsory.  It's run by beekeepers for the benefit of beekeepers.
Nowadays AFB is a rarity but at about the turn of the millennium it became legal to treat EFB with antibiotics or by shook swarming. Since then it seems to me that EFB has increased considerably.
People pay their subs for BDI through their membership of the BBKA via their local association.  The first 3 colonies are free. Additional ones are inexpensive.  BDI makes an annual profit which it uses to subsidise disease research projects.
I suggest that America should get organised, consult with the BBKA and BDI and crib their methods.
Chris

-