Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 11:02:12 -0400
From:
> > what is the point of diagnosing your Nosema level if there is nothing to
> be done?
>
> That would my question, too. What is the point? Following Traver & Fell
> (2018):
>
> In this study, honey bee colonies were exposed to Fumagilin-B. No
> significant effects on the levels of Nosema ceranae

Thank you Peter. I have never used Fumagilin-B after my first year
beekeeping. Completely agree with your comments.

My winter losses have been because of me most of the time.

This year I have zero losses- so far. Nothing is settled here in Maine
until after mid April. Just made up some "candy" (Fondant type but no
additives, just sugar) to forestall any spring starvation. Just one hive
has bees near the top, all the rest have plenty of filled comb between the
cluster and the top bars, but they really pack it in between now and any
nectar coming in. So they will have a slab of candy right over the
cluster.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine