Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2019 13:01:48 +1000
From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
I have been following this topic with interest.  I have a series of questions which I hope someone can answer.

Firstly I note the that Australian study only injected into larvae.  What effect would the presence of Varroa have i.e. lab versus field?

I note that in the Hawaii study the DWV "took over".  I was told many years ago that sacbrood (SBV) was in Hawaii.  If the SBV suppresses DWV why did it do so in Hawaii?

In most studies I have seen DWV will eventually be the dominant virus in bees.  The hives then succumb unless the Varroa is kept under control.  So why would it not be expected that in Australia when we get Varroa and if DWV comes with it why would it not eventually perform the same way as it has elsewhere in the world?

Trevor Weatherhead
Australia