Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 11:10:32 -0500
Thanks to Kevin M for the tip on supply of the Italian queen cages and to
others for the discussion.  I recommend watching Ralph Buechler's lectures
mentioned in my initial email on this topic, wherein he addresses and
discusses most if not all of the potential issues of the caging technique,
supported by test data.  He also discusses some other manipulation-based
varroa management methods with variations on the drone trapping method and
different brood removal techniques.  In the end, to each his/her own of
course in terms of using this or any other methods, depending what you
think may work where you are.

cheers,

Rob Hughes
Upper Kingsclear NB