From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:11:50 +0000
"I end up feeling light headed for several hours
afterwards."

I have seen this kind of effect and others as well to chemical exposures that are perfectly harmless.  Once in my lab I had half my crew with symptoms of one kind or another due to claimed toxic exposure when it turned out the exposure was simply volatile fatty acids coming off fresh mulch the grounds crew had just applied around the building.  Suddenly everyone was well again when we identified the source of the odor and my crew realized they had not been exposed to anything that would harm them.

The active ingredient in apivar is also used in flea and tick collars for dogs and cats and people handle and even sleep with animals wearing those collars with no issues at all.  I routinely handle apivar strips with my bare hands and have never had the slightest symptoms, nor would I expect any from such a tiny exposure to a product that is so safe to humans.  Here is a report of a failed suicide attempt with a massive dose of the active ingredient:

https://bmcpharmacoltoxicol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40360-016-0114-5

and another:

https://adc.bmj.com/content/88/2/130

Amatraz is a poison just like all chemicals including those in the food you eat every day.  It should be treated with respect and ingestion avoided.  Here is a write up for non technical people that talks about why it kills mites but not bees:

https://www.theapiarist.org/apivar-apitraz-amitraz/

Dick