From:
Kristina Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:58:10 -0600

> Right, that was part of my original question, do folks still use rope and
> is it legal?

Hi Pete,
   The last time I used rope was during my stint at the Weslaco Bee Lab
('89-'93).  I learned the knot from James Baxter and Danny Weaver and
neither ever lost a load.  Whether it was legal, I'm pretty sure it was,
but that was in, "Texas, a whole other country." You have to use the right
rope, however.  Used climbing rope can be bought for a song here in Boulder
County, but it has a built in stretch . . .
  In general I use the bowline the most, but somehow tie it Dutch.  Glad to
know it's a good knot and not a granny version.
Cheers,
Kristina
Longmont, CO