From:
"Janet L. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2020 08:37:41 -0500
]]Peter Borst:
]]Hi all
]]I had to go back and see what I had written. I think I explained it in the original message:
]]> But here's the rub: it requires skill and judgement as to when to do it and how much to take.

]]Some things can't be described, they have to be learned on the job.

Then maybe the shook swarm approach is easiest and best, more efficient?

This season I plan to experiment with shook swarms on healthy colonies in late May, taking all the stores and brood and putting them into smaller colonies so as not to lose those resources (you lose them all when doing SS for disease control). Hoping to see the boost in bee and comb production we observed last year.