From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2019 15:45:05 -0400
Sorry I miss read the initial post. However wouldn't the bee's internal clock/calendar actually be linked to the current sun position irrelevant if they can see it or not. This information must somehow be transferred to the "winter" bees as most will never get a chance to venture outside (in my location).

I updated my chart with a few more captions (date when I added my spring prep pollen patty and the area where 1st natural pollen occurred). You can clearly see an impact of that 1st 1/4 patty as well as stabilization of the brood temperature after natural pollen becomes available.

The second pictures shows how I can add the pollen patty without disturbing the bees (red X).