From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2019 14:17:14 +0000
When I was working with beekeepers in the Seattle area, there were some Jumbo advocates - but they used them for 'increased' honey production (as honey supers)!
In south America there are folks who have bought into the idea of a giant bottom box that is 'for the bees'.   Then honey supers on top.    The idea is to not bother the bees in the bottom box, which is their area!    Let the bees be bees!    Seems like a spin on treatment free.  I can imagine the mess in the bottom box after a few years of ABF, etc.