From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2019 19:21:07 -0400
Last year was my first with the Pro-Vap and I have not had any clogging or top blowouts, just lucky I guess. Mite counts in 300 bee samples followed the predictable curve through the summer slowly building to the late summer peak. Very close to Randy's model. 4 treatments at 5 days brought them all down to less then 1% and then the much noted fall invasion in only a few select colonies. I did not do post treatment counts on all colonys so some may have escaped my attention.  I tenaciously kept after those 3 colonies finally getting control in mid Oct. and after 7 and 8 treatments. This was all discussed at length at the time. I don't recall the exact thread but I'm sure a quick look in the archives will bring it up.

Winter survival was great. 31 of 33. 1 queen failure and 1 starvation (beekeeper error). That was after a fairly mild winter up until Feb. Feb/ March were brutal. Ice & snow only clearing in early April. Doing a little more spring feeding than normal but all looks well. I am an OAV convert at least until something better comes along.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA

P.S. Is my computer having a bad day or do we have a new format? This old dog ain't good at new tricks :-)