Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 2020 15:25:20 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
> but if your data does not statistically support your hypothesis, then you should not say that it does.

Years ago, when I worked at the Dyce Bee Lab, we experimented with screen bottom boards. We could never see an effect on varroa, brood production, honey production nor survival. In other words, they didn't do anything, pro or con.

Another researcher was including them in his Varroa IPM recommendations. When I called him on it, he said "I would recommend them even if they didn't do anything." In my view, you cannot include something as a pest management tool, if it doesn't do anything.

As a postscript, I will say that the hives always varied so much that a small effect might not be observable. But an effect that subtle wouldn't be of much value, anyway.

PLB